Christmas in the Park spreads joy and creates memories for thousands of visitors each year. Throughout our more than 40 year history, dedicated board members have invested their time, treasure, and talent in support of the largest event in San Jose.
Why join our Board?
- Have an active role in a San Jose tradition
- Influence vendor and display decisions
- Impact our financial health with your role in the community
- Impress your friends and family that you work with Santa
The Board supports the work of Christmas in the Park and provides leadership and strategic governance. The day-to-day operations are led by Christmas in the Park’s Managing and Operations Directors (Directors). Their relationship to the Board is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Directors as they develop and implement Christmas in the Park plans
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Christmas in the Park for evaluating its impact
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Directors
- Assisting the Directors and Board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Serving on committees and taking on special assignments
- Representing Christmas in the Park to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador
- A commitment to bringing joy and making memories for our community
Christmas in the Park Board Members should consider Christmas in the Park a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts (give or get) that reflect that priority. So that Christmas in the Park can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, we expect Board Members to make an annual contribution of at least $1,500.
Christmas in the Park Board Members serve a two-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for one terms. Board meetings are held 11 times a year and committee meetings are held as needed.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Christmas in the Park and who has a track record of leadership. Board Members have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
Debbie Degutis, our Managing Director, is available and eager to answer any questions. You can reach her at 408 292 9627 or email@example.com.