Our Executive Director, Jason Minsky, gives his "Top Ten" tips on how best to enjoy your visit to Christmas in the Park.
1. Did you see all of the new features we talked about above? Be sure to take advantage of all of our new event elements during your visit.
2. Try to avoid coming on a weekend. Our crowds are busiest Friday through Sunday, so if coming during the week is an option, take advantage of that.
3. Do not drive directly to the park. If you can, take Lyft or other means of public transportation. If you do need to drive, do not drive directly to the park as there is no parking on site. Pick a parking lot or garage and drive there, then walk to the park. There is plenty of parking downtown and you can find more info here.
4. Ideally you should arrive at the park about 4:00 while it is still light out. Take a stroll around the park so you can see all there is to take in at this magical place. Pay attention to detail, read the history signs, see who is sponsoring which display, etc. Then, go have dinner and afterward come back to the park when its dark to see the lights and grab a tasty treat from one of our vendors.
5. If you are going to see Santa, be sure to check out the Santa schedule here
. Arrive at the beginning (if not a little early) for the time slot of your choice. Be aware, the Santa line will close approximately 30-45 minutes before the end of each shift.
6. When walking the park there is no pattern to see everything without having to see an area or two more than once. Don't try to figure it out, but if you do, let us know! We've been at it for 39 years and still can't!
7. Most vendors at the park only take cash, so bring some. Be sure you are purchasing from an approved park vendor. This means they have a permanent spot in the park and have paid a fee to be there - helping to keep the event free each year. There are also 4 ATM machines in the park.
8. Our entertainment schedule is posted here
if you are looking for a specific performance. Try attending one of our movie nights (be careful, they are on Saturdays starting at 6pm) - they are a lot of fun and Lucky's brings free milk and cookies.
9. We still have many special events to attend. Friday night's are "Amazon Fridays" and you can get a free photo (6-10) with your family. Saturdays from 10-2 we have kids from Harker helping with free arts & crafts projects. We also have two "dog days" where you can bring your pet to the park to visit with Santa - for FREE!
10. Support our event! We are a non-profit and rely on you making a donation while at the park. You can also purchase a Christmas in the Park shirt, hoodie or beanie while at the park - they make great gifts! You can also donate online here
. Follow us on Facebook
for all event updates.