The Exhibit Designer is responsible for a variety of Christmas in the Park creative elements.Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Exhibit Designer will create and maintain existing and new elements at Christmas in the Park that include animated displays, décor and interactive features of the event.
- Conceptualize and create new features for Christmas in the Park
- Repair and enhance existing displays and decor
- Assist with prep, set-up, managing and tear-down of CITP event
- Supervise volunteers and community service workers
- Establish a rapport with clients and vendors to ensure guest satisfaction
- Meet with guests to review and determine specific needs
- Assist with special events
- Creative mindset with attention to detail
- Set design, prop building, costume design preferred
- Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi task
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to perform under pressure
- The ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Ability to communicate using the English language
- Experience and working knowledge of construction equipment and tools including but not limited to forklifts, boom lifts, etc.
The Christmas in the Park Exhibit Designer position is a full-time position located in San Jose California. The position includes partial medical benefits, a IRA matching program and generous vacation time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.