Want to stay off of Santa’s Naughty List and guarantee yourself on Santa’s Good List? Here’s the perfect way!
Volunteering with Christmas in the Park is more than just putting up trees and decorations, but being a part of a strong, community tradition. Christmas in the Park is made possible each year by overwhelming community support. Over 257,000 volunteer hours are required each year to put on this holiday event, so we can't do it without you!
With leadership from the Board of Directors and Christmas in the Park staff plus support from our partners, we are able to recruit volunteers. You don't have to be on Santa's good list to help out. Anyone and everyone from any age is able to participate!
We need adults to help supervise and kids to be supervised, so gather your friends and family and be a part of this magical tradition!
There are some rules when it comes to volunteering. Here are the basics
- All volunteers under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult supervisor
- All volunteers must sign a waiver form. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the waiver form signed by a parent or guardian
- Wear old clothes suitable for painting and closed-toe shoes.
Possible Volunteer Duties
- Renovate and clean displays
- Sort lights and ornaments
- Special projects for groups
- Make/Repair costumes for animated figures
- Supervise other volunteers
- Park set-up
- Donation Collection
All signups can be completed online and do not require any paperwork to be mailed in. However, you will need to complete a (waiver) form to bring with you when you come in for your shift.
Corporate Volunteer Programs
If your corporation is looking for a team building exercise or a community service project, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. He’ll be able to provide you with some ideas or projects that will fit your needs.
Looking for community service hours?
Students can earn up to 18 hours helping Christmas in the Park prepare for the 2013 opening.
Beginning October 12th students can earn three hours on each selected Saturday.
Registration is limited to the first 50 students. Plan to arrive at 9:00 a.m. and bring your completed and signed Waiver Form.
How to sign up:
- Go to www.GoVoluntr.com and click 'Sign In.' If you are a new user, please register your information.
- After you create/sign into your user account, go back to the Christmas in the Park event page.
- Choose a day you would like to come and volunteer. You can choose multiple days if you like. Please read the description of the volunteer work so that you can dress appropriately. Check back regularly because more positions may be added as it gets closer to the event.
- You must bring the signed waiver form to volunteer. If you have any
questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com
* If you sign up for a date, please make sure you show up on time. If you are unable to attend the day you signed up for, please cancel your reservation so that we can know how many people to expect. Also, it gives others a chance to sign up.